The Physical Society of Japan(JPS) publishes two membership journals and two academic journals which cover the region from condensed matter physics to particle physics, and holds annual meeting twice a year. The JPS is among the core institutions
of physical research in Japan , which is among the world's leading nations
in the field. The JPS plays an important role in the development and progress
of physics both domestically and internationally.
- JPS 2012 Fall meetings are going to be held at Kyoto Sangyo University( Elemental particles,
Nuclear Physics, Astrophysics -- Sep11-14, 2012) , and at Yokohama National
University( Condensed Matter and Others--Sep18-21, 2012). (June 28, 2012)
- 12th Asia-Pacific Physics Conference(APPC12) : APPC12 is to be held during July 14-19, 2013 in Makuhari, Chiba, Japan.
This triennial meeting is organized by the Physical Society of Japan(JPS)
and the Japan Society of Applied Physics(JSAP) under the auspices of the
Association of Asia Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS) . These are dedicated
to the presentation and discussion of the latest developments and ideas
in physics and related science in the Asia-Pacific physics communities.
ASEPS,The 3rd Asia-Europe Physics Summit, is also going to be held during
this period through collaboration between AAPPS and EPS(European Physical
Society). (April 15, 2012)
- Progress of Theoretical and Experimental Physics (PTEP) is a new international journal published monthly by the JPS from 2013. PTEP is
the successor to Progress of Theoretical Physics (PTP), which will
terminate in December 2012 and be merged into PTEP in January
2013. PTEP will be a fully open access, online-only journal,
and mainly covers areas including particles and fields, nuclear physics,
astrophysics and cosmology, beam physics and instrumentation, and general
and mathematical physics. In 2012, the journal will publish only special
issues. （April 12, 2012)
- Professor Yasuhiro Iye , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 24, 2012.(April 3, 2012)
Return to Top
- May 22, 2012
- This site was newly designed.
- May 14, 2012
- The JPS Office has moved to a new venue on May 14. New office is about 1.5 times larger than previous
office, and utilization of meeting rooms by the members is expected.
- March 27, 2012
- Annual meeting of the JPS at Kwansei-gakuin University was over.