Collection, Use and Management of Personal Information at JPS
Final revision: May 25, 2005
Translated: May 31, 2016
This is an English translation of "Collection, Use and Management of Personal Information at JPS" written in Japanese, which should be regarded as the official and legally binding document.
The Physical Society of Japan shall appropriately collect, use and manage the personal information in accordance with the following guideline.
1. Collection of personal information
The Physical Society of Japan (hereafter "JPS") shall collect information which can identify certain individuals, for providing services related to the business purposes to the necessary extent. We shall, specify the purpose to collect the personal information and shall obtain the provider's intention to provide (register) such information.
2. Use of personal information
JPS shall use the collected personal information in the scope of the following purposes to achieve the purposes for collection.
- Identification, service provision regarding application for use, billing, and notification of change, suspension and discontinuation of provision conditions of services for use, and contract cancellation
- Provision of necessary information regarding operation of JPS activity such as notification of election, mutual communication between committee members
- In addition to the above, information provision regarding JPS' various services and survey for service improvement
However, we may use or provide for other purpose than the purposes for collection in the case of the followings.
(2) With the provider's consent
3. Management of personal information
JPS shall make proper effort to manage the collected personal information to prevent it from being leaked out, destroyed, falsified or lost, except for the personal information which has been already disclosed by the provider or open to public.
4. Disclosure and revision, etc. of personal information
JPS shall in principle disclose the personal information without delay if requested by the provider thereof for disclosure, and shall in principle revise, etc. the personal information of the provider without delay if requested by the same person for revision, etc.
5. Treatment on website
Cookie is not available on JPS website (hereafter "Website"). The Website shall be used by the user at his / her responsibility. JPS shall not bear any responsibility for any damage arising from use of any information from the Website or any other website to which the Website is linked.
6. Revision of the guideline on collection, use and management of personal information
In order to comply with amendment of the laws or for any other reasons, the guideline on collection, use and management of personal information may be revised without any notice. The latest guideline shall be applied at all times to the personal information collected by JPS. Such revision shall be posted on JPS Website and shall be in force as of the posting date.
7. Contact for treatment of personal information
The Office of the Physical Society of Japan
TEL: 03-3816-6201 FAX: 03-3816-6208 E-mail