The Physical Society of Japan(JPS) publishes two membership journals and two academic journals which cover the region from condensed matter physics to particle physics, and holds annual meeting twice a year. The JPS is among the core institutions
of physical research in Japan , which is among the world's leading nations
in the field. The JPS plays an important role in the development and progress
of physics both domestically and internationally.
- New Journal, JPS Conference Proceedings
JPS launches a new open access journal, JPS Conference Proceedings (abbreviation: JPS Conf. Proc.). It provides a fast publication of proceedings of an international conference,
workshop, summer school or symposium, consisting of peer-reviewed articles.
The first volume will be published in the beginning of 2014. Accordingly,
proceedings of international conferences or workshops will not be published
in JPSJ supplements starting January 2014.
URL of JPS Conference Proceedings: http://jpscp.jps.jp (New website will
be opened on December 4, 2013). (November 19, 2013)
- JPS 2014 Annual (69th) Meeting will be held at Tokai University in March 27-30, 2014. (November 15, 2013)
- JPS 2013 Fall meetings at Kochi University in September 20-23, 2013, and at The University of Tokushima in September 25-28, 2013 were over with more than 5000 participants and 3500 presentations. (October 8, 2013)
- 12th Asia-Pacific Physics Conference(APPC12) of AAPPS was over: APPC12 was held in July 14-19, 2013 in Makuhari, Chiba, Japan. This conference was organized by the Physical Society of Japan(JPS) and the Japan Society of Applied Physics(JSAP) with financial support by Chiba Prefecture and Japan Society for Promotion of Science(JSPS). ASEPS,The 3rd Asia-Europe Physics Summit, was held during this period through collaboration between AAPPS and EPS(European Physical Society). Participants were totally 1256 and 1149 papers were presented. See APPC12 report. (July 28, 2013).
Return to Top
- April 18, 2013
- Professor Hiroyuki Shiba , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 31, 2013..
- March 29, 2013
- Annual meeting of the JPS at Hiroshima University was over.
- Sept. 22, 2012
- Fall meetings of the JPS at Yokohama National University and Kyoto Sangyo
University were over.