The Physical Society of Japan(JPS) publishes two membership journals and two academic journals which cover the region from condensed matter physics to particle physics, and holds annual meeting twice a year. The JPS is among the core institutions
of physical research in Japan , which is among the world's leading nations
in the field. The JPS plays an important role in the development and progress
of physics both domestically and internationally.
- <NEWS> Name and symbol of the new element 113 proposed: nihonium and Nh
(June 9, 2016)
(link to RIKEN web page. See also January 13’s news.)
All papers of the new issues in JPSJ / PTEP are now available online.
(June 2, 2016)
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan (JPSJ) Vol. 85 No. 6
Progress of Theoretical and Experimental Physics (PTEP) Volume 2016 Issue 5
- JPS Conference Proceedings Vol. 10 is now available online (May 25, 2016)
Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons (NSTAR2015)
- JPS Conference Proceedings Vol. 9 is now available online (April 8, 2016)
Proceedings of International Symposium for Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays (UHECR2014)
- <NEWS> ASTRO-H satellite, poised to be the 6th Japanese X-ray Astronomy Mission, was launched successfully. (Feb. 26, 2016)
- <NEWS> Naming Privilege for Element 113 to a Japanese Team -first to be named in Asia- (Jan. 13, 2016)
- <NEWS> JPS Congratulates the 2015 Nobel Prize Winners in Physics (Oct, 2015)
- JPS 71th Annual Meeting（2016) will be held at Tohoku Gakuin University in Mar. 19-22，2016. （Oct. 2015）
- JPS 2015 Autumn Meeting was held at OSAKA CITY University in Sep 25-28,and KANSAI University in Sep 16-19, 2015. (May 20, 2015)
Return to Top
- April 1, 2016
- Professor Yasuhiko Fujii , President of the JPS, began his second term on March 31, 2016.
- April 1, 2015
- Professor Yasuhiko Fujii , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 31, 2015.
- April 1, 2014
- Professor Toshio Hyodo , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 31, 2014.