The Physical Society of Japan (JPS) publishes two membership Japanese journals and three academic English journals which cover wide range of physics research, and holds annual meeting twice a year. The JPS is among the core institutions of physics research in Japan, which is among the world's leading nations in the field. The JPS plays an important role in the development and progress of physics both domestically and internationally.
- <NEWS> Japanese Team won 5 medals at the IPhO 2016 (July 19, 2016)
The 47th International Physics Olympiad was held from July 11 to 17, 2016 in Zurich, Switzerland. All the members of Japanese Team won medals (three Gold medals, one Silver medal, and one Bronze medal).
(link to IPhO 2016 web page)
- JPSJ: Revisions of Publication Charges and OPEN SELECT Fee (July 1, 2016)
The Journal of the Physical Society of Japan (JPSJ) announces that the publication charges and OPEN SELECT fee will be revised effective August 1, 2016.
There will be no publication charge for papers of up to ten printed pages. For longer papers, a charge per page will be imposed beginning with the eleventh printed page. At the same time, we will raise the OPEN SELECT fee to align more closely with the international standard.
For more information, please visit JPSJ website.
All papers of the new issues in JPSJ / PTEP are now available online.
(July 1, 2016)
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan (JPSJ) Vol. 85 No. 7
Progress of Theoretical and Experimental Physics (PTEP) Volume 2016 Issue 5
- <NEWS> Name and symbol of the new element 113 proposed: nihonium and Nh
(June 9, 2016)
(link to RIKEN web page. See also January 13’s news.)
- JPS Conference Proceedings Vol. 10 is now available online (May 25, 2016)
Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons (NSTAR2015)
- JPS Conference Proceedings Vol. 9 is now available online (April 8, 2016)
Proceedings of International Symposium for Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays (UHECR2014)
- <NEWS> ASTRO-H satellite, poised to be the 6th Japanese X-ray Astronomy Mission, was launched successfully. (Feb. 26, 2016)
- <NEWS> Naming Privilege for Element 113 to a Japanese Team -first to be named in Asia- (Jan. 13, 2016)
- <NEWS> JPS Congratulates the 2015 Nobel Prize Winners in Physics (Oct, 2015)
- JPS 71th Annual Meeting（2016) will be held at Tohoku Gakuin University in Mar. 19-22，2016. （Oct. 2015）
- JPS 2015 Autumn Meeting was held at OSAKA CITY University in Sep 25-28,and KANSAI University in Sep 16-19, 2015. (May 20, 2015)
Return to Top
- April 1, 2016
- Professor Yasuhiko Fujii , President of the JPS, began his second term on March 31, 2016.
- April 1, 2015
- Professor Yasuhiko Fujii , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 31, 2015.
- April 1, 2014
- Professor Toshio Hyodo , new president of the JPS, began his term on March 31, 2014.