- ・Membership dues must be paid for one year in advance.
- ・The fiscal year of JPS runs from January 1 to December 31 (Article 35 of the Constitution).
- ・Annual dues are 12,000 yen for Regular members and 8,000 yen for Student members. (Student members are those who are currently enrolled in a university undergraduate program.)
- ・Membership dues are non-taxable.
- ・Membership dues are reduced to the same amount as student member dues for the following regular members.
- Regular members (Graduate students)
Regular members who are enrolled in a graduate school program and have completed the prescribed procedures
* A student certificate must be submitted at the time the application is made.
- Regular members (Senior members)
Regular members who have been members for at least 35 years, are 65 years of age or older, and have submitted the required application form and received approval from the President.
* Prospective Senior members must have paid their dues in full when they apply.
* Senior members are eligible for a reduction in additional membership dues (JPSJ Subscription A (Online subscription)).
(The above membership dues include subscription fees for the Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri).)
Additional membership dues
The following additional membership dues apply for members who wish to subscribe to journals other than the Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri). (Applications for subscriptions must be made according to prescribed procedures.)
|Journal name||Type of subscription||Additional annual membership dues
* Consumption tax included
|Journal of the Physical Society of Japan (JPSJ)||JPSJ Subscription A: (Online subscription)*1||
|JPSJ Subscription B: (Online subscription + a printed copy)||15,400 yen|
|Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP)||JJAP Subscription: (Online subscription)||3,000 yen|
|Physics Education in University||
|Progress of Theoretical and Experimental Physics (PTEP)||
*1: JPSJ Subscription A (Online subscription) will be reduced to 5,500 yen for "Regular members (Senior members)"
*2: PTEP is an open access journal.
Journals and papers can also be posted overseas (additional fees apply). For shipments overseas, JPS usually sends packages by SAL (or airmail if the country does not handle SAL). Please refer to the Japan Post website for information on countries that accept SAL deliveries.
SAL shipping rates
Butsuri 3,000 yen/year
JPSJ 5,000 yen/year
Airmail shipping rates
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 3|
|Physics Education in University/year
Payment of application fee when applying for membership
The application fee is the sum of the "admission fee" and "membership dues for one year".
You are required to pay membership dues for one year at the same time you apply for membership. However, if you join in the middle of the fiscal year, the amount equivalent to the membership dues prior to the date you joined will be carried over and deducted when dues for the following year are invoiced.
|Regular member||3,000 yen||12,000 yen||15,000 yen|
|Regular member (Graduate student)||8,000 yen||11,000 yen|
The fiscal year of JPS runs from January 1 to December 31 (Article 35 of the Constitution). The fiscal year for membership dues also runs for one year from January to December. Please click here to see the amount carried over to the following fiscal year (Japanese only).
If you would like to subscribe to journals other than Butsuri, you will be required to pay additional membership and application fees.
Please contact us by telephone or email if you have any questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Application for membership)
email@example.com (Dues for the following year after becoming a member）